Tuesday 9 February 2010

Thoughts On My Animation

I have been thinking about my animation on and off for the last week, and have decided on my fable. I have chosen the Vixen and the Lioness; "Quality is better than Quantity". This is a very meaningful message, and I think I can portray it well.

I think I will try to keep to the fable as it reads as best I can, although not with speaking animals. I may just have subtitles, or I could not use words at all and try to make the eyes do the talking with close up shots. For example the Vixen with a wide smile on her face, whilst the Lion looks almost not acknowledging her expression. It would be easier to not have to worry about speech, but I think this could give the animation a lot more impact. If the characters look cartoon like then I could get away with voices, but if they look more realistic, a voice may make it less effective.

It did also cross my mind to maybe change the animals (I enquired as to whether we could, and as long as the message is conveyed well it is acceptable to do so), although I don't think I could portray the message of quality better than with the majestic Lion, king of the jungle. I may change the vixen though, if I could find a suitable replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment