Friday 5 February 2010

Starting to animate in 3DS MAX

Today I learnt the basics of animating in 3DS MAX. I have done two tutorials working with a sphere bouncing, one is more realistic than the other:



(ABOVE) This ball moves around the plane, rotating as it goes, and changing size.




(ABOVE) This ball simulates a ball bouncing. I did use the Graphic Editor to adjust the curvature of the bounces, but I think it could look more realistic.

Below is a screenshot of the Curve Editor in use.

______________

I believe I have chosen the fable I wish to animate for this project, although now I have found that I do not need to stick to the animals that are mentioned in the fable, (so long as the moral or message behind the story is clear), this presents me with a whole new set of choices and decisions to make!

My next post will detail my choice and ideas for the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment