Thursday 6 May 2010

Evaluation Of The Project

Overall, I am disappointed that after all that hard work modelling and skinning I couldn’t actually get my animation to look realistic, and most of all, work.

I do think that I went way overboard and was way too ambitious with what I wanted to achieve (for someone who is extremely inexperienced with 3DS MAX) and didn’t truly think through the process of creating this animation. I had everything clear in my mind from a storyboard point of view, but from a technical point of view I did not think things through. For example, when skinning, I completely skinned every single model from head to toe, and none of these worked in the end. Nor did I need to because headshots obviously didn’t require the toes and legs to be skinned. I always make things too hard for myself and this was no exception.

This resulted in a lot of time being wasted on unnecessary things. In the end I do regret making such an imaginative and complex animation; I should have focused more on keeping it simple, to make it more successful on the whole.

If I were to use 3ds max in the future, or indeed any other projects I do in the future, I really need to really think things through from a technical point of view as well to really determine if I am actually capable of creating the work with my skill set, because I have simplified my animation greatly from the initial storyboard to just try and meet the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment